Here are some tips for keeping safe
- Keep a copy of copy of your passport and Biometric Residence Permit (PRB) and give a copy to a trusted friend or relative.
- Open an email account that your employer cannot access and give the password to a trusted friend
- Give the contact details of your employer and any support organisations that are helping you to your family in your country.
- Do not keep large sums of money at home. Keep it in a safe place such as a bank or post office. Do not lend money to or borrow money from people you do not know very well.
- If you are going alone to an employer’s home for a job interview, give the address and phone number to a friend or relative and tell them when you expect to be back
- Keep the numbers of people and organisations that you can call when you need help with you at all times – these could include your local police station, your solicitor, your friends, Kalayaan and other support organisations